- 24th November 2017
- 9:15 am - 1:15 pm
- L2 and L3 Sutton Coldfield Baptist Church B72 1TA
- 0121 355 5088
D2 aims to deepen our identity as disciples of Jesus, to equip us further to disciple others and to lead and serve in the areas in which God has gifted us. This will be done through spiritual, theological and personal formation. We will also aim to develop and grow relationships within the group to form a serving, discipleship community.
What we’re asking of you…
– Serve in a church activity (min. 4 hours p/week)
– Meet on Friday mornings
– Meet one-on-one with a mentor on a regular basis
– Regular Sunday Service attendance (at either 8:30am, 10:30am or 6:30pm)
– Serve in some way at that Sunday Service
– Aged 18 to 99
Training will take place on a Friday morning starting with breakfast, followed by that week’s training session. The group will form a discipleship community within which we can be supported, encouraged and challenged by each other in our discipleship. Therefore numbers are limited to enable relationships of trust to be built throughout the year’s training. Early on we will be led (by an accredited coach) through Strength Finders which will help us individually discover our areas of gifting to help us decide where to invest most when serving and leading, both within and outside the church.
– Introduction to the Bible: Old and New Testament (this module will be delivered by ForMission Bible College)
– Prayer training and practice
– SCBC leadership training
– Spiritual Disciplines training and practice
– Strength Finder’s coaching (delivered by a qualified coach and tailored to each individual member of the group)
1) Email email@example.com to be sent a link to an application form or to ask any further questions about D2.
2) Attend an interview.
3) We will contact applicants.
Places are limited so please apply asap if you are interested.
– One off payment of £500* for the year (one month free)
– Monthly payment of £50* over 11 months starting in Sept 2017
This covers Bible college fees, the Strength Finder’s coach, food, and training books and materials essential to other aspects of the training.
(*Please speak to Deb or Donald if payment is a problem – we don’t want anyone to feel they are unable to apply due to finances.)