- Thursday | 18th January 2016
- 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Church Lounge, Sutton Coldfield Baptist Church, Trinity Hill, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1TA
- 0121 355 5088
Your life is more important than your illness
Would you like it back?
It is all about understanding one truth: you are bigger than your problems. Which means they need not stop you doing things, experiencing things, loving, laughing, tasting and living life. What you do is make changes to the way you think and act, creating a new relationship between your illness and yourself that separates who you are from what you have got.
This is an 8 session course beginning on Monday 18th January from 1.30—3.00 pm, in the Church Lounge. In eight, enjoyable 90-minute sessions this course helps people to make a difference to their lives. With the help of a little book and supporting guidance at each session, participants learn how to improve their feelings when they feel ground down, frustrated or hopeless and will learn skills that help them tackle problems in their lives.
Some of the sessions:
- “LOOKING AT THINGS DIFFERENTLY” Build you confidence and tackle your doubts. Learn how to be a detective and discover bad thoughts that worsen how you feel.
- “PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE” Here is a chance to make life changing plans that will look towards a bright future.
- “TACKLING COMMON PROBLEMS” Leaky roof? Difficult neighbours? Tablet confusion? Learn how to eat an elephant—and tackle any other life problems.
RECLAIM YOUR LIFE is a guided self-help course that uses the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to help you change how your see your illness, and the hold it has over your everyday living.
Each session is moderated by trained presenters, however it should be noted that this is an educational resource and not a clinical intervention. For more information, or to book in please pick up a leaflet from the Information Desk or contact Neil Le Tissier (0121 355 5088 or email@example.com).